Monday, January 24, 2005

Lions and tigers and PACs - oh my

For many of my clients, the periodic filings required by the Fair Political Practices Commission are the equivalent of flying monkeys. Oh sure, you can spawn a political action committee with just the filing of a simple form (they're always so cute when they're born aren't they?)

Then BAM! WHACK! POW! (aaah, Batman . . .) But I digress. The filings . . . .

Now if they could somehow keep the pesky things on a regular feeding schedule (oh, I don't know - maybe quarterly? bi-annually? - and don't worry, you'll have those too), but no my caped crusader, they're r-a-n-d-o-m. Well, not really (no offense Jeanette, Dixie, Kevin, and Emily) - but it sure seems like it doesn't it? When? How? What? Don't they ever sleep? Unlike those IRS forms - these are COMPLICATED.

And let me guess . . . . they made YOU the treasurer? Uuuuuuuf course they did (and such nice personal liability it is too). Hmmmm, maybe you should hire a professional? Someone who knows how to find the answers. If I think of anyone I'll let you know.